(Source: GSTS, 06 December 2020)
It is with a great disappointment that the Global Society of Tigrai Scholars (GSTS) learned the declaration of war by the federal government on Tigrai on 3rd November 2020.
The GSTS denounces this illegal and unjust war in the strongest possible terms. It will only deepen the political and humanitarian crises in Ethiopia and further destabilize the greater Horn of Africa and the Red Sea region.
The GSTS calls for an immediate cessation of all forms of hostilities and urgently launch an all-inclusive national dialogue. As revealed in several human rights and media reports, Ethiopia is now best known for extensive internal displacements, killings of civilians, widespread social unrest, high-profile assassinations, and sharp economic decline.
The following appeal documnets and open letters can be used to sent to news organisation and NGOs and govements.
- GSTS – Brief summary of events that led to the deterioration of relationships between Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s Administration and State of Tigrai
- GSTS – Congressional Testimony on the War against Tigrai State in Ethiopia
- GSTS – Open letter to the President of the UN Security Council
- GSTS – Statement on Amnesty International’s Report Regarding the Killings of Civilians A Call for UN-Mandated Investigation
- GSTS – The Full-Scale Military Offensive on Tigrai and possible breaches of international human rights and humanitarian laws
- GSTS – Urgent call for an immediate cessation of all forms of hostilities and commence all-inclusive national dialogue
- GSTS – Urgent Call for Intervention to Avert Genocide on the People of Tigray in Ethiopia Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs of Germany 2
- GSTS – Urgent Call for Intervention to Avert Genocide on the People of Tigray in Ethiopia to Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs of Germany 1
- GSTS – Urgent Call to Prevent a Looming Humanitarian Crisis in Tigrai Region, Ethiopia